Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Caravan to Columbus…

Coffee-Brand-McDonalds-UsesWell, we dropped dad’s Beemer off at the dealership in Columbus. I followed in dad’s Honda.  My father was extremely grateful for the help.  He’s getting four new tires put on and the 60,000 mile scheduled service.

Now, if I can just get him to change my internet speed to 110 Mbps then I will be happy.  He said he would do it next week much to my chagrin.

“It’s just a 15 minute phone call!” I pleaded fruitlessly.

I would do it, but I don’t have the last four digits of dad’s social security number and he wasn’t forthcoming with it either.

“Oh, I debited $61 from my inheritance account to Newegg,” I told him and then I told him what for.

He seemed okay about it. “You and that Newegg,” is all he said. I nonchalantly said I probably would have spent that much taking Laura to China Moon and dessert last week.

We stopped at McDonald’s for breakfast biscuits and coffee before leaving Columbus.  Dad ordered at the drive-thru, but then realized he left his wallet at home when we got to the window.  This is a person with social anxieties worst nightmare.  I slumped down in my seat and covered my face as all we could say was sorry and we went about our merry way. My anxieties started welling up again because dad’s Honda was running low on gas, but we made it home safe and sound.

Photo credit:    http://brusimm.com/ever-wonder-what-coffee-brand-mcdonalds-uses/

2 comments:

Berryvox said...

Ha, I'm sure the McDonald's crew completely forgot about you guys fifteen minutes after you left. No need to be anxious about something like that. (Though I completely understand that those kinds of things have little to do with logic.)

amelia said...

I'm pretty sure you guys are not the only ones this happens to! As Berryvox said, I'm sure they forgot about you quickly and I'm sure it probably happens once a day to them!