Tuesday, September 15, 2015

‘Rents to the Rescue…

dreamstime_xl_17556731_broken-shoulder-x-rayI needed some extra special TLC today.  I am lucky my parents are so accommodating of me in these later years.  My arm was killing me and I called mom.  This was the same arm and shoulder I broke over a decade and a half ago in a motorcycle accident.  I am just so lucky to be among the living of this world. It fits nicely into my morbid “never forget Auschwitz” mantra.

“I’ll put you some Aleve and an icepack in with your sodas,” my mother told me over the phone. “I hate it that you are hurting.”

“I slept on it wrong,” I replied to my mother. “And Dixie keeps nuzzling it very forcibly compounding the pain and the problem.”

“I still have your hydrocodone from when you broke your foot,” mom then told me dangling a most delicious carrot. “Your daddy filled the prescription.”

“I will take too many of them,” I replied to my mother very honestly after a pause for sanity to return. “You hang on to those.”

Pain pills and me: Oh lordy, I could write an essay!

Like I had predicted in my last post, I went back to bed at 7am and slept until noon. I was dead to the world until Dixie’s barking woke me up at lunchtime.

Photo credit:  http://www.exercisesforshoulderpain.com/blog/

No comments: