Friday, September 11, 2015

Helen’s Soul Food Friday’s…

IMG_0779 copyToday we had tantalizing meatloaf, perfectly seasoned summer squash, tasty green beans, a buttery mound of creamed potatoes, and crunchy crusted cornbread.

Helen was just leaving as I pulled into the driveway from the rear of the house.  Mom had the garage door up which worried me to a degree. That is unlike her.  She said it was for the heating/cooling guy who was supposed to arrive soon.

Mom hasn’t been feeling very well lately.  She says she has a bladder infection and if it is anything like the urinary tract infection I had then I know she’s got to be feeling terrible. She keeps saying she is going to the doctor if she doesn’t get to feeling better soon.  The doctor did call into my father some antibiotics.

“Is there something I can go get you to make you feel better?” I asked my mother who was laying on the couch. “Do you want me to go get you a Butterfinger blast?”

“I’m fine,” she said. “I just need to rest. Go eat your meal while it is still hot.”

I reluctantly locked the back door and headed to my car worried about her.

No comments: