Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Aftermath…

EmerilLagasseThis morning was my every two week injection of Risperdal.  (No wonder I was so terribly erratic and scatterbrained yesterday.) Dad called me at 8am this morning to make sure I was up and going.

Adia, my nurse, was asking me a lot of questions about how my mental illness affects me.  I told her it effects my behavior for the most part.  I regaled her in the tale of when one time I got a extreme delusion and thought Emeril Lagasse was going to fly me to New York for one of his restaurant’s grand openings.  I got dressed to the nines that night and woke my parents up at 4am in the morning.

“Emeril’s limousine will pick me up in a moment,” I can vaguely remember telling my father as he urged me to go get in the bed.

As usual, I arrived home and experienced a wonderful moment of total bliss and euphoria and I then grew so drowsy I could barely keep my eyes open.  Maggie and I crawled into the bed of my very chilly bedroom and slept for 4 hours. I woke up with dog butt in my face and pushed Maggie to the side with a chuckle.

Photo Credit:   http://www.post-gazette.com/life/dining/2015/03/25/Emeril-Lagasse-marks-25-years-in-New-Orleans/stories/201503250029

Entering the Danger Zone…

300x300px-LS-bf4b5ca5_B00D2LGRNS-51zuGhmUBdLI think you all have heard me say that every time you open a computer case and start messing with its components then the likelihood of something going badly wrong increases exponentially. Get your computer situated and leave it alone.

Well, my computer in the den would just inexplicably and randomly cut off the past few days.  I narrowed the problem down to a stick of RAM that was going bad and I had to replace it.  Luckily, I had two extra sticks of Corsair 8 Gigabyte DDR3 2400 MHz RAM on the shelf in my computer room.  I replaced the sticks and the computer booted up fine and dandy.   I sighed with relief as I put the case cover back on and screwed it securely to the chassis.  I danced with the devil and got away with it once again.  

Photo Credit:  http://www.overclock.net/products/corsair-vengeance-pro-16gb-2-x-8gb-240-pin-ddr3-sdram-ddr3-2400-pc3-19200-desktop-memory

2 comments:

Rita said...

I may have missed something, but you have not mentioned your new dog, Dixie in a while. Do you still have her?

glittermom said...

I wondered that also...