Saturday, September 19, 2015

Let the Butterflies Begin…

hqdefaultIf I don’t overcome my social anxieties, then I am going to end up a lonely old hermit of a man for the rest of my life.  The thought of that scares me. It is a rude awakening to say the least.

Tonight, with my therapist in mind, I straightforwardly asked an old high school friend, Wendy, out for lunch Wednesday.  She agreed and I told her I would pick her up at noon.  We are going to eat at Johnny’s New York Style Pizza in downtown West Point. My treat!  The last time I had their pizza it was exceptionally good.

I already have butterflies in my stomach, and they will only intensify as noon Wednesday approaches.  “Breathe deep, relax, and have fun,” Barbara, my therapist, would tell me.

Photo credit:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdSo4CYudD8

2 comments:

Summer said...

Do any of your medications help with anxiety?

Andrew said...

Summer, my Coureg is supposed to help with anxiety, but I have doubts about its efficacy.