Saturday, September 26, 2015

To Have a Friend You Must First Be a Friend…

Wendy said…

I have just seen your message. Well I will not bite you. I am not beautiful or fancy I am a redheaded nut so come on I am ready. I had not even checked my phone today

It's ok I am not all that anyway and was nothing to be nervous about. I am on disability I don't have a career or anything. I used to be a train wreck now I live right. I don't smoke or use drugs. I am sorry you changed your mind.

My worst fears were realized when Wendy deleted her Facebook account yesterday.  It took me about an hour of fretting and pacing the floor until I finally got up the courage to call her to apologize for screwing up our date.  She really appreciated me doing that. 

Tomorrow afternoon I am going to call her and see if she wants to get a milkshake at Sonic – something simple and easily doable other than an elaborate meal. My intent is on us getting to know each other better and to get to feeling comfortable around each other as well.  

2 comments:

Gin said...

Wise move. (Kudos on the apology. That's something that's hard to do, but once done, you feel 100% better.)

Berryvox said...

Deleting a Facebook account sounds a little drastic to me. But it's great that you called her to reassure her.