Sunday, September 20, 2015

“He’s the maid from hell,” said my father…

1360018359_Swisher_SweetsIt is Sunday night and that can only mean fried chicken and friends.  Well, Charlie spent the whole time sweeping my floors as my father administered my medications and we performed Maggie's feeding ritual.

Maggie eats one large bowl of Purina One lamb and rice every night.  It has to be fresh out of the bag or she will not eat it. She will look on with keen anticipation as I get her fresh water and dad gives her fresh kibble.  

“Thank you,” I then told Charlie. “You can clean in ten minutes what would take me two hours to do.”

Charlie even emptied my ashtray with all my half smoked cigars in it. Dad says by me smoking those cigars that I am on the gateway to becoming a cigarette smoker again.  He did love how it made my house smell, though, as I had just smoked one before their arrival.  He said it reminded him of his father who also copiously smoked cigars.

“Cigarette smokers smell like ashtrays,” dad said with a blech!

“Kentucky Fried Chicken okay tonight?” my father then asked me.

“I am just glad to see the both of you no matter what you brought,” I told my father. “I’ve been lonely today.”

“You? Lonely?” my father said with a scoff.

Photo Credit:   http://genius.com/130939

2 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

I too greatly enjoy Swisher Sweets! Earlier tonight you had a different photo of them, featuring the "chubbier" traditional cigar. Both the one you have now and the other chubbier style are indeed nice. They have a wonderfully thick, chalky texture that inhaled very pleasantly. The gentle kick in the head is grand as well. Although I like my pipe tobacco even more for its robustness, I too enjoy a few Swishers occasionally.

PipeTobacco

PipeTobacco said...

Hello sir