Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Awoken From My Sweet Dreams…

I am still in a dizzying daze from a very, very deep sleep.  I fell asleep this early afternoon and didn’t wake up until Maggie was putting up a big hullabaloo about my father, old fuss and feathers, being here.   All the house lights were off and it was after dark fall – about fifteen minutes after nine.  Dad remarked that it was extremely strange for me to do that.  He couldn’t remember a time when I wasn’t up, lights on, and waiting on him to arrive eager to take my crazy meds.

“Your depressed,” my father told me. “It’s about that girl.”

I shrugged enigmatically.

“I don’t think so,” I finally told my father stalwartly. “I’ve been consistently sleeping a lot for the past two weeks. Besides, we are just friends.”

“Your dating days are over and you miss her. Don’t you?”

“Don’t argue with me when I have only half my wits about me,” I told my father brazenly with an air of aggravation.

“She’ll be back. You mark my very words,” my father told me with a chuckle. “And you can spend your money on her if you like. You’d be a fool to do so, though.”

No comments: