Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Over Rainy Hill and Rainy Dale…

boston-market-meatloaf-frozen-dinner-01Just as I and my father were leaving my house last night for the grocery store after the medication ritual, the heavens opened up upon us.  I can’t see well to drive at night and I’m sure you can guess how a torrential downpour affected my already feeble eyesight. I looked like a little old lady scrunched over the steering wheel. It was a white knuckle drive to get gas and then to the grocery store.

Well, we made it to Kroger and the rain abated some. It had settled into a soft drizzle.  Last night was soup night and I got all kinds of Progresso soups and some Boston Market heat and serve meals.  The meals were a concession to my father.  They also finally had my Milo’s famous sweet tea in stock so I got 5 gallons while the getting was good. I also got some soft baked apple cinnamon cookies from the bakery that are just scrumptious.

Last night’s total was $63 dollars.  I can never judge how much I am spending and have to guess.  I should be buying at least $80 bucks of groceries.  My theoretical limit is $85 dollars.

photo credit:   http://www.brandeating.com/2013/08/review-boston-market-meatloaf-frozen-dinner.html

No comments: