Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Sometimes it’s the Little Things…

91U7QsqBPcL._SX425_And sometimes it is the big things that are always the hardest to do.  Keeping up with my hermit lifestyle as of late, I moaned when my phone rang and it was my father on the other end. It never bodes promising when he calls me from work. Either I’ve done some kind of stupid shit I am unaware of, or their internet is down. 

“Our internet is down,” he said frantically. “And we’ve been on the phone with WOW! tech support for thirty minutes. We can’t run insurance. We can’t run anything.”

I dressed as nicely as my wardrobe allowed and stepped out my front door to embrace all that what may come.  I arrived at the pharmacy as fast as I could and checked the simplest things first.  Was the data server on?  Were all the computers plugged up and running?  Then I restarted all their computers and the several cable modems and Ethernet switch. 

“We’re back on!!!” my father hollered very excitedly from the next room. “What did you do?”

hot-n-ready-2“Process of elimination,” I replied. “I made sure everything was working, rebooted and plugged in, then I reset your internet connections and your switch.”

Dad gave me $20 dollars and told me to go get a good lunch – that I had earned it. I stopped at Little Caesar's just up the road and got two large pepperoni pizzas with extra sauce and cheese to go.

Photo Credit:    http://www.amazon.com/ARRIS-SURFboard-SB6121-DOCSIS-Cable/dp/B004XC6GJ0

http://www.fromaway.com/observations/america-presents-little-caesars-hot-n-ready-pepperoni-pizza