Friday, September 18, 2015

Rituals “R” Us…

88159762The medication and Maggie’s feeding rituals are completed for yet another night.  My father was in a very good mood tonight for which I am very thankful.  I took my multitudes of medications as he patted me on the knee affectionately. Maggie sat at his feet earnestly vying for his affections.

“I am proud of all you’ve been able to accomplish these past few years,” he told me in a a very rare moment of praise. “You are acting like a grown man should act. I can trust you again.”

Dad got to laughing hysterically when I told him how Maggie handled Dixie and the nagging bark she makes when she does so.

“Maggie’s not taking any shit off that big dog,” I told my father after mimicking Maggie’s snappish and scolding bark. “She’s still the boss dog around here.”

Photo credit:   http://coachingmetaphoria.com/archives/286

No comments: