Friday, September 18, 2015

Geek Speak…

nWMdGscEvHVF6W76_setting_000_1_90_end_1000“What do you want for Christmas this year?  Do you want to order more computer parts?”  Dad asked me awhile ago as I was picking up my supper courtesy of Helen.

“I want an Asus AMD Radeon R9 390X video card,” I replied.

“What the hell is that and what does it cost?” my father asked cautiously.

“It’s a video card for my computer and the one I want is $449 dollars,” I replied.

“My whole Dell computer didn’t cost but $300 and that included the screen,” my father scoffed. “Matt, my computer guy at the pharmacy, says you are computer gaming and that is why you need such fast and expensive computers.”

“He’s right!” I responded. “I want to stay ahead of the curve so to speak.”

photo credit:  http://vr-zone.com/articles/asus-introduces-radeon-r9-390-390x-strix-graphics-card/93961.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Make sure your dad knows the difference between gaming sites you pay for and the ones you use! All you need is for this "Matt" (who a couple of weeks ago didn't think to reboot and they had to call you) to be telling your dad how so and so got all caught up in on line gaming and lost his house and car! Gaming is not gambling! (Or is it?) Don't need your dad's head spinning around!! lol