Thursday, September 17, 2015

Greetings From A Busy Secretary…

Beef FajitasMom pulled up in front of my house in a hurry this evening and blew her horn loudly and twice.  I headed out to the car at the curb wondering what she was doing.  I had forgotten it was Mexican Thursdays.

“Your daddy says I need to slow down some,” my mother told me after rolling down her window.

“Well, you are pretty hyper,” I replied. “We’re worried you will fall or have an accident in your car.”

She will also drive my father crazy with worries, obsessions, and problems as soon as he pulls into the garage.  Normally, she is always quietly reading a book in the den when my father gets off of work. 

“I got you the steak fajitas tonight,” mom said gleefully. “I know that’s your favorite.” 

“Well, thank you,” I said very appreciatively.  

Usually, I get the $6.99 #9 ground beef burrito and refried beans.  Mom was feeling pretty generous tonight.  My father would call this grandiosity.  Me? Hey, I am just rolling with the punches for the moment praying that mom cycles to a more even tone of mind. 

Photo Credit:   http://www.novyranches.com/recipes/?p=193

No comments: