Sunday, September 13, 2015

Speaking of Trump: I had Totally Trumped Up Fears…

11406795_10153370310758446_3171158780759634173_nMy fears today were for naught as they always ultimately are.  Rational thinking is a skill have yet to master after all these years on this third rock from the sun.  Mom and dad spent the afternoon sitting and laying on the back porch reading and enjoying the cool fall weather. The high temperature was 76° degrees today.

“Oh sweetheart, I am so sorry,” my mother said when she called me after getting my message. “We can’t hear the phones out on the back porch.”

To hear this was much consolation for my mind.  My anxiety melted away. I am known for my numerous social gaffes and I was worried I had committed another causing my parents to spurn me.

The Second Shift…

Papa and Charlie have just left after delivering much needed medications and Popeye’s chicken. They had to go through three drive-thru’s tonight with mom wanting a Burger King Whopper, Horsefly wanting KFC chicken tenders, and my father, Charlie, Janice, and I wanting Popeye’s chicken.  Maggie and I both jumped for joy at the arrival of Charlie’s Chevy Caprica in front of my house. Dixie was already outside the front door and ran to the road to greet them.

photo credit:  http://forums.imore.com/politics/332110-trump-2016-a.html

No comments: