Friday, September 04, 2015

We Solemnly Mourn the Loss of Today’s Soul Food Friday…

one-pot-macaroni-cheese-11-620x616Helen’s husband got really sick early this morning so she couldn’t cook today. *sobs* Dad’s taking it upon himself to go ahead and cook a soul food meal anyway.  We are certainly all in very capable culinary hands I must attest.  I heard him say macaroni and cheese and my eyes lit up in anticipation. I told mom to be sure and put extra mac and cheese on my plate. We are also having what my father called Swiss steak which is just a glorified name for cube steak and gravy cooked until it is fork tender.

Photo credit:   http://kirbiecravings.com/2014/08/one-pot-macaroni-and-cheese.html

Nala Soon Arrives…

11902323_10205082920259800_1793902319111999821_nJason, Nala’s human and the brother of an extra special friend from high school, is bringing her by this afternoon sometime.  He is going to call me when he gets underway with Nala in his truck.  This is a favor for that very good friend of mine.  I gave Jason decent directions so let’s hope he doesn’t have any trouble finding my house. 

Update: Nala is finally here and Maggie is acting really cool about it all.  I am already in love with our new canine addition. They are both now asleep on the floor of my computer room where it is nice and cool on that hardwood floor.

No comments: