Monday, September 07, 2015

Ah, Monday Mornings…

slingblade[5]I jumped out of the bed running this morning. It is now 4:03am on this start of another Monday, but I feel very rested, relaxed and ready to take on my day.

I knew Dixie probably had to pee pretty badly. She shot out that backdoor about as fast as I could open it.   I want to get her a dog door installed, but it would have to be so big that a person could crawl through.

My internet service is down so I am piggybacking wirelessly off my neighbors next door who have Charter internet (I have WOW! internet). I need to write them an anonymous thank you note and put it in their mailbox, but that would probably freak them out, though. lol

I craftily renamed my wireless connection to “FBI Surveillance Van #2”. Let the hilarity ensue. I don’t think anyone is going to piggyback off of me.  I also have my wireless internet password protected. 

Today, as you may already know, is grocery day.  I have no idea of what I am going to get. Dad said if they don’t have my Milo’s tea one more time as in tonight, then we are complaining to the manager.  Dad wants to complain about the bread he loves as they never have that either in the evenings. “Piss poor management!” were his words about it last night.

1 comment:

Billy said...

One thing to keep in mind before you "go off" on the "piss poor" manager is that the bread your dad likes is a vendor item, meaning that the store sometimes has little control on the stock.

Speaking as a member of store management for the company you shop at, I encourage you to speak to the management team about the out of stock issues, but just be mindful that some items are not ordered by the store. I would also encourage you to let them know what they are doing right. So many times, we managers always hear what's wrong and never what we do right. For example, since you get great service from the night cashier, you should let a member of management know so she can be recognized for it.

Just wanted to put it out there. Grocery retail work is hard. We don't "try" to piss people off by not having items in stock. We need the sales.

Thanks for understanding.