Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Martha…

PJ-AL900A_ZYPRE_20080227181335“How do you think your mother is doing right now?” dad asked me as we performed the medication ritual tonight.

Dad says I have a very unique insight into how my mother is doing and what she is thinking. Like minds think alike as the old saying goes.

“She’s coming down from her very lofty high,” I told my father. “She slept most of today away. She sounded like she had awoken from a deep sleep when she called me earlier.”

“I wish we could find her a balance and be even keeled,” my father told me in reply. “I am afraid to change her medications, though. She’s is like a totally different person taking her Zyprexa.  You can actually reason with her for a change.”

Photo Credit:   http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2009/01/15/justice-department-beats-chest-over-zyprexa-settlement/

3 comments:

glittermom said...

Is your mother under a doctors care for her mental problems?

Andrew said...

Yes Glittermom. Being the secretary she has several doctors she is under the care of.

Anonymous said...

Your dad cracks me up! HE doesn't want to change her dosage....Where did he get his psychiatry degree?