Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Charlie, You Are Always Welcome…

download (1)I was folding laundry in my bedroom on the bed when Maggie just went ape shit bananas.  It was way too early for my father and I had just talked to my mother on the phone so I knew it wasn’t her.

“Who is it girl?” I asked Maggie enthusiastically as I walked to the front door.

It was Charlie and he had a replacement air filter for my heating and air conditioning unit. He had checked it last Sunday night when he was over here and had said I needed a new one. Charlie also brought a large beige trashcan to put next to my computer desk for my empty soda cans.

“I’m not here at a bad time, am I?” Charlie asked, always the sensitive soul.

“Anytime is a good time for Charlie time,” I replied with a welcoming smile.  

“Your daddy will be here in about an hour,” Charlie told me as nighttime approached. “They just closed the pharmacy.”

Charlie changed the filter and then spent some time with Maggie on the sofa. Maggie was in ecstasy at the attention garnered upon her. Charlie is beta dog and highly revered in our pack hierarchy.  Maggie is the alpha female and matriarch of our little pack.  

Photo credit:  http://pompanobeachairconditioner-repair.com/your-homes-air-quality/

No comments: