Monday, September 28, 2015

Getting Off this Crazy Train…

WorksSliceOLP_002_fullYesterday, I took a hot and invigorating shower, blow dried my hair, styled it with some hairspray, and then got dressed in some of my nicest clothes fresh, unwrinkled and warm out of the clothes dryer. I then drove to my bank’s ATM and withdrew $40.  The only thing left to do was to call Wendy and ask if she would like to get a sweet treat at Sonic.  Well, I called her cellphone, but she wouldn’t answer so I left my phone number in her callback feature hoping she would call me soon.

I never did hear from Wendy, so late in the day I felt kind of defeated and decided to treat myself and ordered an ex-large “the works” Papa John’s pizza on the internet and drove down to Fob James drive to pick it up. It was $19.80 for the pizza and it was money very well spent.  I love Papa John’s pizza and rarely get the chance to eat it.  I’ve had pizza for supper, breakfast, and lunch these past few days. 

Damaged Goods…

I determinedly decided yesterday that all the good women are taken by the time you reach my semi-elderly age of 43.  I’m withdrawing from any more attempts at dating. I have really and extremely been pushing the envelope as far as my social anxieties go.  It is almost a miracle that I would even attempt to date and call a member of the opposite sex that I wasn’t already socially acclimated with. 

Contending With Another Grocery Day…

Another Monday has graced us with its presence once again. That will mean a trip to the grocery store around 9:30pm. Let’s hope I don’t run over anymore animals tonight. My heart can’t take it. I am going to continue with the chunky soup plan I have been using these past few weeks.  The soup has been filling and inexpensive.  The only drawback is that it has a lot of sodium in it.  I still have three large cans of Progresso soup left from last Monday. 

He Just Has to be Doing Something…

Last night was fried chicken Sundays.  Of course, Charlie spent his tenure here cleaning and taking out my trash.  Dad and I were sitting on my couch doing the medication ritual as Charlie whizzed by headed for the trashcan outside.

“He can’t sit down for 3 minutes,” my father told me.

I forth went fried chicken last night as I had a ton of pizza left.  Charlie did bring me Horsefly’s Coke, though, which was a treat.

Photo Credit:  http://imagestack.co/12781149-circle-o.html

2 comments:

Annabel said...

Don't give up hope. Not all the good ones are taken. Some might have been taken but are now free. Some might just be holding out for the right person. That's how Matt and I ended up together - he had never been married and he's one of the good ones.

Just keep being honest with your friend. She may come around.

Michelle said...

I agree with Annabel - do not give up. I am 44 and I just got married for the second (and last time!) 3 months ago. After the divorce and another bad breakup, I decided I was not going to settle. I waited and waited for my soulmate. I kept praying he would come my way and sure enough he did. There are still good guys and gals out there and I hope you find the right person.

I've been reading your blog for a long time now. And the fact that you have been asking women out on dates is just awesome! I am very proud of you! Keep doing what you're doing and the right woman will come your way. You have to keep putting yourself out there! I wish you all the bset!