Saturday, April 30, 2016

81 and Going Strong...

http://www.crafthubs.com/citronella-candles/18944
George and I were sitting out on his patio tonight. I was having a completely delicious regular Coca-Cola when I usually only drink diet, and George was drinking a six pack of Coronas. George asked me how old I was.

"I turned 44 on April 12th," I told him. "I am getting old, George."

George chuckled as he replied, "Shit, I am almost double your age."

George said he was 81 years old and burning his candle at both ends while he was still able.

"You certainly don't act or look your age," I told him honestly.

We sat outside and talked until the mosquitos got bad. I told George I was going to get us some citronella candles at Wal-Mart tomorrow.

Quiet Around Here Tonight...

I called mom tonight and she sounded so much better. She sounded on the edge of death yesterday and has been in bed for days. I told her I would go get her a milkshake to soothe her sore throat, but she declined thanking me for the offer profusely.

Maggie sat for the longest time at my feet licking her paws which is a nervous habit of hers.  Now, she's jumped up on the bed in the computer room and watching me with one eye open. She hopes for us to go to bed soon I am sure. I am also watching one little meandering storm headed up the Chattahoochee which is intriguing me. It will soon fall apart so long after dusk, though.

Right now, I am listening to a band called Nightmares On Wax. I haven't decided whether I like them or not and I am fixing to move on to their next album, In A Space Outta Sound, I downloaded -- that will be their first album. At least, they do sound interesting and this is not a waste of my time.

1 comment:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

I am very glad for you to be able and willing to hang out with George. I think it is wonderfully valuable and important for BOTH of you to share a friendship together. It helps get both of you outside of your routines that enriches you both!

PipeTobacco