Saturday, April 16, 2016

Fort Tyler...

We are home to an old civil war fort, Fort Tyler, overlooking the Chattahoochee river basin. Every year they have a fundraising supper to help with the upkeep of this historical fort. The fort is only a few hundred yards down from my parent's house.

I was getting worried because my father still had not arrived at 10 pm. I am always so afraid he's going to have some wine and get a DUI. Just one hefty glass of wine can put you in the clinker quick these days. Well, he finally came rolling up in front of my house at 10:20 pm after attending that supper. Yes, he smelled boozy again. I was just glad he was okay. He was treating me very delicately due to this being two nights in a row he was very late with my medications.

"What's my eldest thinking tonight?" my father asked as he leaned onto me while we sat on the couch. "You're being quiet."

Here was another instance where I evoked my much touted Auschwitz Mantra. My problems, other than a late father and late medications, could be ten times worse. I really have it rather lucky when I thought long and hard about it after my father had left.

Well, Charlie will be here around 9 am in the morning with Sunday morning biscuits. That gives me something to look forward to and I can already taste those bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits as I write this. Bon Appétit!

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Have you ever heard of post secrets? I go to postsecret.com every Sunday when they post the new ones. It's interesting to see what other people have as secrets....sometimes sad...I think you might enjoy reading it....