Saturday, April 02, 2016

Grillin' and Chillin'

Dad grilled hamburgers last night and they were absolutely delicious. It was a long hungry wait until he arrived for our medication ritual late yesterday evening. He also fixed his family favorite baked beans. The only mar on the meal was that I didn't have any ketchup here at the house.

"I would have put some ketchup on your burgers if I knew you didn't have any," The Secretary told me worriedly.

"Just mayonnaise and mustard actually tasted pretty good," I replied.

I was in a minimalist burger mood anyway. People can put everything including the kitchen sink in their burgers these days.

Early to Bed -- Early to Rise...

My body decided this morning that 5 am would be a good time to get up. Going to bed at 9 pm certainly confounded matters. Maggie was also being a total cover hog. I hope to take a nap soon to make up for any deficit in sleep. Maggie, the little napster, stayed in the bed and rightly so. Most of these kinds of quiet and peaceful early mornings I spend dicking around with my computers.

image credit: http://www.knuj.net/2014/05/grilled-hamburgers/

No comments: