Friday, April 29, 2016

Police Drama...

I drove over to my parent's house to get my sodas at lunch. I sat and had a banana sandwich with my father that was so delicious. Mom is really sick with a sore throat and a bad cold and thus was in the bed. I certainly didn't want to catch that junk so I didn't linger too long.

As I was leaving, a policeman got behind me in his patrol car. He was patrolling my parent's neighborhood. He followed me all the way to the old Valley National Bank. My right turn signal works 9 out of 10 times.

Well, I had to turn right at the bank with this cop behind me and my turn signal decided to malfunction that 1 out of 10th time.

"Shit," I nervously muttered begrudgingly.

I winced as I took the turn just sure I was going to be pulled over and given a citation. Surprisingly, the policeman ignored me and drove up and parked at Fred's Super Dollar. I was so relieved.

I then called my father to tell him about it when I arrived home.

"Son, you have the world's worst luck," he said. "If you step in shit then someone is going to smell it."

It is so true! I do have the world's worst luck. I guess my luck was good in that he didn't pull me over. I do know they are having a terrible time at Fred's with theft and five finger discounts. I guess the cop was stopping there to check out things and make his presence known. There were bigger fish to fry so to speak.

1 comment:

amelia said...

You could have used hand signals!