Saturday, April 30, 2016

Assistant Sleuth Andrew...

http://crack-rock-steady-japan.blogspot.com
I was at Fred's at lunchtime. I was bored and decided a little retail therapy was in order. I mainly only wanted a can of salted cashews and some Vienna sausages.  I also decided on impulse to buy a $1.75 24 pack of diphenhydramine HCL to numb this empty feeling I was experiencing. It was just one of those days. I was feeling rough and needed my weekly fix. It is the same sleep-inducing ingredient in all those Tylenol PM, Advil PM, and Aleve PM type medications. It doesn't make me sleepy, though. I just feel calm and relaxed.

I walked into the pharmaceuticals aisle and there was this really nervous white fellow with sandy blonde hair looking all about and he was also distressed by my presence. He was getting a five finger discount. I saw him pick up a 100ct bottle of allergy medication and act like he was reading the label.

"That guy coming out of the pharmaceutical aisle is stealing," I told Kathy who was manning the cash register today.

"Are you sure?" she asked me alarmed as she rung me up.

"Yeah, I am pretty sure," I replied. "If he leaves without buying anything, then you know he shoplifted. He is also wearing a hoodie on an 86° degree day. That's another good sign."

I didn't stick around for the outcome as the guy was taking his time. I am pretty sure he was stealing, though.

No comments: