Sunday, April 17, 2016

The Comeuppance of Fried Chicken...

On the menu: Cold Pizza and KFC!
"That kitchen better still be clean from last week," Charlie told me laughing as he walked across my yard with a big box of KFC.

I had told Maggie earlier that Papa and Charlie were coming and I was true to my word. Maggie sat in the window for an hour waiting on them.

Maggie and I then stood at my screen door as the welcoming committee. Maggie barked and I talked -- welcoming my house guests inside.

"If it's dirty then he will clean it," dad said chuckling as he walked right behind Charlie carrying the drinks.

It was good to see those two fellas tonight and yes, my kitchen was clean. Charlie gathered all my trash bags around the house and then bagged up my empty milk jugs which seem to multiply on top of my fridge -- always the busybody. Dad and I sat on my couch and took my medications. He almost forgot two of my Klonopin and I pointed it out to him.

"I was talking and not paying attention to what I was doing," he told me.

They didn't stay long, though. Charlie has extra mouths to feed tonight and they had to feed mom as well. Any dawdling would mean cold food for everybody.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Why cant you take your trash out instead of letting it pile up for Charlie to take out?