Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Christina is Right...

I was examining this morning why I feel the need to write these occasional "I'm gonna quit!" entries in my blog. I guess, to be honest, is I feel discouraged with the blog and need an extra "atta boy" and "don't quit writing because we enjoy what you have to say" type feedback. I am only human and terribly extremely fallible.

I also feel I embarrass myself by writing about my situation in life like my dependence on my father for everything for example (at least I am being honest I guess). I hope you can forgive me and understand why I do this. It is terribly embarrassing the next day when I feel the extreme need to write a post and do. I guess I write for the attention I get when I blog. I can assure you another reason I write is for the craft of writing itself which I do so very much enjoy.

*************
(Here we go again!)

Papa arrived last night a little after nine to Maggie's and my elation. He was terribly tired, though. I dutifully took my medications and melted into my couch along with my father. It had been a topsy-turvy day for me as well. My eyes were burning from lack of sleep after being so rudely awakened yesterday. 

"I am so praying your mother is in the bed and I am not going to get asked a hundred hard questions as soon as I pull into the garage," he told me looking haggard. 

Mom had called me earlier and told me she needs me to drive her to the bookstore in Auburn. She has some books on order.  I told her I would be glad to drive her down there.

"You know I would be glad to take you! We are only going to the bookstore," I told her. "Let's keep it simple with no other diversions."

I also told her if we were going to get something to eat then it was going to be to go.  

3 comments:

Jan said...

You said, "(Here we go again!)"

My heart said, "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!"

amelia said...

Good for you!
Keep on keeping on!!

Michelle said...

I'm glad you changed your mind! :) :) :)