Thursday, April 28, 2016

Spiraling Down Out of the Sky Shot Down in Flames...

Mom called me this morning and said Fred's Super Dollar was having a sale on boxes of Cheez-Its. Mom and I both love Cheez-Its like her mother before her. I hurried over to Fred's to get a few boxes of that cheesy treat before they sold out.  It turned out to be an interesting trip. My favorite female clerk was on duty and she was dressed to the nines. She really is a snazzy dresser. She also has a super sunny disposition.

I stepped up to the counter with two large boxes of Cheez-Its and very boldly asked, "You're just plain gorgeous. Would you like to go out to dinner some night?"

She wasn't wearing a wedding ring that I could see.

"Honey, I am married," She said blushing, "But I am extremely flattered."

I went spiraling down out of the sky shot down in flames big time. Dad will just love to hear about this tonight. I felt so very embarrassed.  With my social phobias, it is amazing I even asked. You'll never know unless you try, though, I have learned about life. I guess all the good girls are taken by the time you get my age. I also think most women can sniff out the crazies like me. lol

On the Bright Side of Life...

Remember that $49 dollar pair of refurbished speakers that I got for my birthday? They normally go for $100 and I thought I was getting an awesome bargain until I got them hooked up and one speaker had terrible feedback.  I took the speaker apart and the polarity of the wires was wrong. I quickly changed the positive and negative wires and now they sound beautiful. I was so excited. I said, "YES!" really loudly and Maggie came walking in here trepidatiously to see what was wrong.

No comments: