Monday, April 25, 2016

Mr. Big Spender...


I love this stuff! It smells so good!
"I've got to get deodorant and paper bowls tonight," I warned my father. "I betcha it puts me over seventy dollars."

"Well, you don't need to skimp on deodorant," my father replied. "Try to not buy something else."

It certainly did push me over. My grand total for tonight was $74 dollars and over four dollars of that was deodorant.

I got lots of good food, though. I managed to get Maggie's tapioca pudding for her medications which she is lapping up right now with today's 500mg dose of amoxicillin mixed in. I stocked up on breakfast foods with my favorite bacon being reduced for a quick sale. I also managed to get enough food to make my spaghetti and meat sauce two times. Ground chuck sure is expensive, though! We are going to have less meaty meat sauces this week I fear.

Feast or famine as the old saying goes. I was hungry all day and refrained from making a fast food pit stop with my debit card. At one point today, I was eating hot dog buns with mayonnaise. Let's be glad that today is behind me and food is in the fridge and in the cupboards.

I forgot only one item and it wasn't on my list (as I always do). That was a large block of sharp cheddar cheese I love to slice and eat with my breakfast meals. I will get that at the Piggly Wiggly tomorrow. I can't make cheese eggs or grits without it either.

No comments: