Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Grand Entrance...

Maggie feeling frisky!

I was sitting here at this computer in my bedroom typing away. Maggie was lying next to me on the floor lounging taking care of dog business -- grooming, scratching, and such. I saw Papa pull up front with medications.

"Papa's here!" I exclaimed very loudly.

A phrase Maggie knows well. Maggie flew into the den to look out the den window to confirm what I just said. Much jubilant barking commenced when Papa's car was spotted. Dad was faux barking across the yard as Maggie worked herself up into a fever pitch of barking herself.

I was so glad to see him as well as I've had a tough day mentally for most of the afternoon. I could now take my medications, relax, settle down, and get ready for bed. I had made it through another tough day without that magic elixir alcohol.

Tomorrow, I have a full day ahead of me. I've got to get Maggie back out to the Vet. and I am doing it solo. Dad said to get Dr. Thomas, the veterinarian, to call him about payment. Maggie is going to get groomed and her nails clipped. The drops are not completely clearing up the infection in Maggie's right eye. We are going to see if there is an alternate treatment and get her on some oral antibiotics as well. My father is going to call and organize all of this.

No comments: