Thursday, April 14, 2016

Maybe We Will Watch Trains Some Other Day...

The bank in downtown West Point has a high brick fence around its perimeter. There is also a bench behind that fence opposite the bank. I like to park at the railway museum and sit there and read while waiting for trains. Well, today I got downright cold and didn't stay long. I couldn't find a piece of cardboard to sit on. That bench is cement and cold on the ole derrière. I drove home relishing the warmth of my car.





image credit: http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=504532&nseq=1

Sign of the Times?


I don't ever remember seeing homeless people here in West Point as I was growing up.  Well, I saw what looked like an elderly bag lady over by the carwash today as I was driving home. I have a lot of empathy for people facing this plight. I kept thinking to myself, "where does she sleep?" and "where does she eat?" We don't have shelters or soup kitchens in this little town. Some churches must be filling that role that I don't know of.

image credit: http://homelessinamerica.blogspot.com/2012/02/bag-lady.html



Show Some Mercy For This Poor Dog...

Maggie hadn't seen my father in three days. Each night she would sit on the back of the couch and wait on him undaunted. I called dad last night and told him to stop by and see this poor pining dog before he went to the grocery store. As soon as my father pulled up in front of the house, dearest Maggie went bonkers. "He's here! He's here!" she seemed to be barking as she squealed with joy. I profusely thanked my father for doing that for my little furry companion.

No comments: