Monday, April 11, 2016

On the Cusp of 44...

I spent most of my childhood hoping I would soon grow up. Little did I know that being an adult was not all it was cracked up to be as well. I wish I knew at 18 what I know now. My life would be vastly different, but I better not cry over spilt milk. I have a pretty good life these days and all my immediate and most pressing needs are met. I also have a completely dysfunctional but very loving family.

Dad says that my mother and I ceased growing up as soon as schizophrenia and bipolar manifested themselves. So I guess I am figuratively still 20 or 21 years of age.

My father usually only works Tuesdays and Thursdays. He worked today so he could be off for my birthday tomorrow.  I jokingly called my father at the pharmacy and asked him if I can open my presents tonight. I am itching to get my new computer up and running. He told me to get up a grocery list as we are buying groceries as is our usual custom for Monday nights.

5 comments:

Berryvox said...

Happy Birthday! :)

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday!!

diana said...

Yom Huledet Same’ach – יום הולדת שמח (Happy Birthday)

Ad me’ah ve’esrim shanah – עד מאה ועשרים שנה (May you live to be 120)

In Hebrew we say: Happy Birthday! May you live to be 120!

Kran's Crackers said...

Hmm, I think all of us are young inside. I'll turn 58 in May and I sometimes think of that and say "What?? How did that happen?" I don't feel like it - whatever it means to feel your age. I say just enjoy each day as it comes, live for the moment, and count your blessings. Oh, and have a wonderful birthday
1

Rita said...

Happy Birthday! I know I am a day later here, but I got you on facebook yesterday.