Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Thank Ye! Thank Ye!

I pulled into the old Valley National Bank parking lot (a shortcut to my parent's house) and there was this elderly man who was obviously homeless walking across it. He was chomping on a big cigar and it made me smile.

"Do you need a ride somewhere close?" I asked.

"No," he surprisingly told me. "I be going up to the Piggly Wiggly and gettin' some lunch."

I told him good luck and he told me thanks. I handed him five dollars and told him to get a six-pack of Vienna sausages. I had a rendezvous with my father to take my medications and grab my sodas this early afternoon.

I thanked my parents under my breath for saving me from going through such a similar situation.

Dad was sitting out on the back deck this dreary day doing crossword puzzles. His new infatuation and pastime.

image credit: https://www.pinterest.com/jasherel/people-captivating-countenances/

No comments: