Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Musical Mattresses...

I almost titled this post "Strange Ways" as for some strange reason I am now sleeping on the bed in my computer room. Change of venue? It is a little twin bed juxtaposed to my big queen bed in the back bedroom so Maggie has to fight with me for sleeping real-estate. She's got to sleep with me wherever I lay my head. I was astonished that she could jump up that high.

Another reason I am sleeping on that bed is that it has a very nice orthopedic mattress that is kind to my back and neck. I bought this mattress years ago when I worked in the pet store. It is very firm.

Drunken Equilibrium...

I was almost in the bed last night when Charlie stopped by with new lamp shades. My old ones were in pitiful shape -- all hand me downs from the distant past. Charlie said he had bought them at Walmart of all places. I thought you could only get them at furniture stores.

"What happened to the lamp shade in your computer room?" Charlie asked. "It is mangled."

"I was drunk years ago and I fell on it," I replied with a grimace.

Charlie smiled and then we both got to laughing.

I also averted a disaster this morning after a bountiful breakfast. I was a good little lad and put all my dishes into the dishwasher and turned it on. They didn't have to linger in the sink for a few days. Well, water came gushing out from under the dishwasher and I quickly scrambled and turned it off. Out came the mop and bucket and I cleaned up the mess.

3 comments:

skinny minny said...

so why was water gushing out of your dishwasher?

amelia said...

Yes why?

Andrew said...

I don't know why. Charlie has got a repair man coming to look at it today.