Saturday, April 02, 2016

A Fruitless Foray...

I've been down at the tracks for hours and I didn't see one train. Not one. I was sorely disappointed. I kept hoping the approach signal would turn from green to red. I wanted to stomp my feet at Johnny Otis as Horsefly often says when he is frustrated about something. If Horsefly gets extremely frustrated and angry, he will say he is going to fart on a local pastor's desk. That always gets Charlie in a stir.

We had more potted meat and saltine crackers as our snack, though. Fishin' food as my grandmother would call it. Sardines and fish steaks fit in that category as well. I love the fish steaks marinated in a mustard sauce. You can only get those at the Piggly Wiggly in this little burg in Alabama. Bring a bottle of Louisianna style hot sauce and you and I can be friends.

Please Fate, Please!

I just drove over to get my sodas for the day. I was hoping my mother would be altruistic and put more burgers on the porch with my drinks. Alas, it was not in the cards for today. I still have one more chance for burgers when my father comes tonight for the medication ritual.

image credit: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Abandoned_railway_bridge_over_Ziegenhalser_Biele_by_Mohrau.jpg

No comments: