Tuesday, April 19, 2016

A Good Day is a Train Spotting Day...

There was a William's Bros. unit ballast train parked on our railyard's passing siding today. I walked a mile down the tracks to see if an engine was attached and there were two. I wish I could tell you what kind of engines they were, but they were modern engines which confound me. I think they were built by EMD? SD90MAC? Both were actually dissimilar when I think about it.

Well, I am exhausted after walking that mile down and the mile back to my car. I am so out of shape. My legs feel like jelly as I sit here and I rubbed a big blister on my big toe. Maggie? Honey? Get the leash because we're both going to start walking as soon as this blister heals. I also have to remember that I am no spring chicken and have surpassed the age of 44. A decade ago I could've walked six miles without breaking a sweat.

Good Graces to Follow...

It is edging much closer to that magical hour of 7pm and the close of the pharmacy and my father's arrival around 9pm. Maybe he will be early tonight much to my elation. I will be so glad to see my father as I have felt what I call "mentally interesting" all day. The symptoms are hard to describe. An edginess? Anxiety? Restlessness? I've kept busy all day to keep my mind off of it all. I will take my medications and will feel right as rain in a short seeming hour after they have been absorbed. Bedtime will soon follow after that as I do believe the Klonopin and the anti-psychotic make me sleepy.

1 comment:

Summer said...

I asked you a while back and never got an answer. Do you know how much land on either side of railroad tracks is considered owned by the railroad?