Wednesday, April 06, 2016

A Good Man Arrived Last Night...

It was edging closer and closer to 9 pm last night. I called myself looking out the window in the computer room for my father's arrival.

Suddenly, there was a loud knock on the front door and Maggie went bonkers. Charlie's car is whisper quiet compared to my father's Honda. Charlie had snuck up on me.

"Andrew!" I could hear on the other side of my front door. "It's is Charlie."

I had just lit a cigarillo and quickly put it out and headed for the den. We had a surprise visit from Charlie.

"Your father is in Auburn for your niece's confirmation at a church," Charlie told me. "I have Horsefly at the bowling alley bowling so I can't stay long."

Charlie certainly didn't stay long, but it was very good to see him. No sooner had I swallowed my medications, then Charlie was headed out to his car after doing Maggie's nightly ritual of fresh food and clean water.

No comments: