Thursday, April 07, 2016

Unwavering Kindness...

This morning was my injection. Dad called me at 8 pm to make sure I was up and going.

"Let me finish my diet Coke and I will get in the shower, get dressed and get going," I told my father.

I also had some really fresh doughnuts I was eating this morning for breakfast. Maggie was driving me crazy for a bite. I finally relented and Maggie took her doughnut and buried it in the backyard much to my chagrin.

Hwy. 29 was as busy as ever -- everybody was jockeying for position as if this was a NASCAR race. Some kooky lady with big hair pulled into my lane and immediately slowed down causing me to slam on my brakes. I cursed under my breath and went around her as I glared menacingly out my passenger's side window.


I arrived at the pharmacy and dad already had it opened for business. There was a really nice brand new Jeep Wrangler in the parking lot. I asked a man at the counter if that was his Jeep and he said yes.

"Beautiful car," I told him in a talkative mood. "Does it have the inline six engine?"

He smiled and said yes it did. My therapist, Barbara, would be smiling at this little exchange as well.

Matt, the pharmacy manager, had ordered all my birthday computer parts. We had a short discussion about solid state drives or SSDs.

"It will, at least, double the speed of your computer," I told him with much enthusiasm.

Dad then handed me my injection and I was off to the races again. Rebecca, my nurse, is so very kind as she called me back to an examining room.

"And how are you?" she asked as I sat down in the examining room while she prepared my shot.

"I have no complaints," I told Rebecca. "My day is off to a good start."

I told her of my cleaning efforts and about my dad giving me money for doing it.  She laughed and said she could never get her house clean enough for someone to pay her for doing it. She administered my injection and I was soon on my way again. Dee Dee already had my next injection set up for April 21st. I told them all with great empathy sincerity about how much I appreciate them.

Image Credit:  http://www.playbuzz.com/nursegrid10/what-kind-of-nurse-are-you
Image Credit:  http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2404258,00.asp
Image Credit:  https://grabcad.com/requests/jeep-4-0l-inline-6-cylinder-engine-components

1 comment:

Summer said...

I work in a medical office and it's always so nice to get compliments from patients.