Friday, April 29, 2016

The Eternal Struggle Continues...

I won't lie. I love to get my medications early like today when my father is off of work. He wasn't answering his cellphone so I drove over there to be a pest or thorn in his side. He worries I will have withdrawal the next day if I take them too early or he just doesn't want fool with the rigamarole of giving them to me.

"Medication time?!" I asked with a happy and sly grin as I walked into the den after letting myself inside.

Dad was sitting in his favorite recliner. He wouldn't give them to me earlier stating is was too early. He was very aggravated with me, but I didn't care. I told him he was like a sequestered jury today unable to be reached this afternoon. We walked out to his car to take my medications and now I am a very, very happy camper.

"Hey! At least you won't have to drive over and give them to me tonight!" I told him to soften the blow.

image credit:  http://www.calliopegifts.co.uk/roderick-fieldsweet-joy-its-medication-time.ir

1 comment:

Rita said...

I think I remember reading that you wrote quite a while ago, that your medications are really supposed to be given in the morning. For someone who is all about you taking them in a certain way, your dad has really blown off a key piece, hasn't he? It is probably more about his convenience.