Monday, April 04, 2016

I Hate Arbitrary Rules...

Newegg Always Contains Awesome
I anxiously called my father this afternoon to see if my packages from NewEgg have arrived. They were ordered last Tuesday. I just knew today was the day.

"I just brought them into the foyer from under the portico," my father told me. "One was a very big box and was very heavy,"

"That's my computer case," I told dad very excitedly. "It weighs 13 pounds. Can I come and pick them up?"

"Oh no!" dad said with a hearty and almost sinister/sadistic laugh. "You are going to have to wait until your birthday on the 12th."

I was sorely disappointed and crestfallen but I will get over it. My father also told me he had to go into work at 5 pm until closing. How that will affect our grocery trip tonight, I am unsure.

Image Credit:  https://www.groupon.com/deals/newegg

George and I Equal Fast Friends...

It is that time of the year again where my friend and neighbor George will sit out on his carport everyday drinking beer and smoking cigarettes. I was walking out to the car to drive over and get my sodas for the day when George hollered, "Hey neighbor! What'cha doin'?" I told him I was driving to get something to drink. We talked for a few moments and then I was on my way.

1 comment:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

I think it is excellent that you are starting to interact more with your neighbor. I think it does you a world of good having a friend or two who are not just your family. They give you a different perspective on things. I sincerely hope the two of you become real friends and hang out some regularly. It sounds like he could use a friend too!

PipeTobacco