Friday, April 15, 2016

The Man Who Peddles Crosswords...


Dad's new pastime is crosswords. I drove over an hour ago to just visit. I was feeling very lonely. Mom was asleep on the couch while my father was busily cleaning the house.

My father was surprised when I got a hard one in today's newspaper.

"Arial and Times New Roman?" he asked me.

"Those are fonts," I told him.

He got excited.  "You got it!!!"

Dad sent me home with an unfinished crossword and a sharpened pencil. He's hoping we can share this love of crosswords together. I will do my best, but they are downright hard.

2 comments:

diana said...

My father does the NY Times cross word puzzle with a pen. (show off) he's done this since I was a wee girl. Apparently it gets easier over time as a lot of the questions and answers are repeated.

glittermom said...

Yes once your been doing them for awhile they do get easier...certain words are typical crosswords...my mother did them all the time...I think it's an old person thing...haha. Just kidding.