Thursday, March 31, 2016

Chillaxing...

chill·ax
ˈCHilaks/
verb
informal
gerund or present participle: chillaxing
  1. calm down and relax.
    "you can dance to your favorite tune, chillax, or have friends over"

That is what I am doing now that my father has left. My medications will take effect at 9:45 pm. Yes, he was actually very early tonight as I had hoped. He left at 8:45 pm to head home before more storms arrive which are moving through Montgomery as we speak and headed this a way.

Dad was so tired tonight that he didn't have much to say. I felt sorry for him, but he makes good money every day he works.

"I couldn't have the same lifestyle I enjoy now if I didn't work," he told me a few weeks ago.

I feel guilty during these times as I am unable to work and I feel like a third wheel. Dad wouldn't let me work anyway though so I shouldn't be worried too much. He's happy as long as I am mentally stable and taking my medications. I don't dare approach the subject with him.

1 comment:

Kran's Crackers said...

I haven't been working either. When I first retired last January I felt guilty about quitting work at such a relatively young age. But then my husband got sick and I had to be his caregiver (still am), so it was a good thing I wasn't working.
Sometimes things work out like they're meant to. No need to apologize or feel guilty for anything. Life's too short.