Sunday, March 06, 2016

Nobody's Harder On Me Than Me...

I am so hard on myself most of the time. I am my biggest and my most worst enemy. I woke up this afternoon with the mindset that today will be a day off from being Andrew.

"Your daddy is going to bring you your medications in about an hour," mom said on the phone waking me around 3 pm. "Kinda get woken up."

I jumped out of the bed running and threw caution to the wind. I went and bought me a gigantic Coke at McDonald's and a Big Mac value meal with an extra Big Mac. Something I would never normally do due to spending constraints imposed upon me by my father. Dad was waiting in front of my house when I arrived home. This time, he had to wait for me and not the usual other way around. He doesn't have a key to my house, or he would be inside snooping around. I long ago changed the locks on my house just for these types of occasions.

"You ready for you medications?" he asked and then he remarked on my fast food meal.

"You betcha!" I exclaimed unfettered and ignoring the criticism.

Maggie was going nuts to see my father and put on one of her grander shows today. Dad also remarked about the state of my bathroom as he looked in to see if I had cleaned some.

"Let's get your toilet brush and brush out that ring around your toilet," he tried to tell me.

"Oh, it'll be okay," I replied nonchalantly. "Nothing that can't wait until tomorrow."

Yes, it was a day off from being Andrew and being worrisome, nervous about everything, and conflicted. No one could steal this sunshine on a sunny day. It felt mighty fine to be me today.

image credit: http://first-draft.com/category/uncategorized/

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Your dads a bit of a drill Sargent.... Who's all going to the dinner tonight? Is your mother into all this too? And what's going on with Helen and her car? Is she gone now? Just a bunch of questions you can answer or not....enjoy your McDonald's....I would love a Big Mac about now....