Monday, March 21, 2016

Nope! Nada! Never Again!

I was in over my head taking my mother to Walmart this afternoon -- way overhead for this introverted person. After what happened today, I vowed I would never go again.

I got mom out of the car into a wheelchair and headed for the pharmaceutical section to look for brush heads for her mechanical toothbrush. We looked at every brush until we found the right one.

Next, was shampoo shopping a few aisles over.

"I want an apple scented shampoo and conditioner," my mother told me happily.

We smelled about twenty bottles until we were content with one selection. Shampoo was all squirting up out of the bottles as mom squeezed them to smell them. In a just world, we would have to pay for all that shampoo, but we don't live in a just world.

I mainly wanted a simple surge protector for my new computer I am building, and for which I immediately knew where to go and get it in the electronics department.  We immediately found one and headed to checkout thankfully. The disparity between male shopping and female shopping couldn't have ever been more prescient.

Just by sheer fate, the first girl I ever kissed was manning the speedy checkout line.

"Hey Nikki," I said shyly. "Parlez-vous français?"

She speaks fluent French. Her eyes lit up as she acknowledged me. We also know each other from Facebook and I followed her adventures when she lived in France for a few months. We had a regular repartee going until her then boyfriend grew jealous.

1 comment:

skinny minny said...

you know, by your description of the Wal-mart adventure it doesn't sound too horrible BUT I hate Wal-Mart and even though I could walk to one from my home I go elsewhere 99%of the time. I am surprised you didn't get a UPS surge protector. Though mine is sitting not plugged in with my electronics plugged into lesser surge protectors.