Thursday, March 17, 2016

Well, Bad...

I drove over to get my sodas and mom looked, well, bad. She's been hitting the Xanax hard while my father has been away. I thought she would never answer the phone this afternoon.

"Are you okay?" I asked her as she stood at the back door.

"The steps to the basement get me every time," she told me out of breath.

"Have you been eating regular meals?" I then asked. "You can come and eat spaghetti with me tonight."

Mom said she was hungry and that my spaghetti sounded delicious. She said she ate a Bobby burger last night and pizza with Mrs. Sandra.

"Come over and eat with me! I'll even be your taxi service!"

I just have gotten back from taking mom home. She ate two plates of my spaghetti and wanted my recipe. Mom was just starving to death figuratively speaking that is. It turns out she's been taking pain pills for a "sore" tooth. She said they just knock her out. I bet they do. Mom's like me. We can't take just two.

Edit: Charlie is involved now. He is going to go get her a Big Mac Value Meal and a couple of those Mickey D's apple pies for when she gets the munchies tonight around 2 or 3 am. He is going to go check on her as well. Charlie has a heart of gold and soft spot for my mother after all she's done for Horsefly over the years.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Why does your mother have access to an Unlimited supply of Xanax? It's sounds like she has an addition to it..

Beth said...

I'm sorry your mother apparently isn't invited to go on family trips like this cruise with your father. That has to be hard to take for her. It would be easy to self-medicate the depression and feelings of rejection. I am glad you have each other and Charlie.