Thursday, March 17, 2016

Groggily I Sit...

I crawled into bed at 4 am after turning the air conditioning down low. I spent most of the night sitting in my Lazy-E-Boy recliner reading Model Railroader magazines as the television droned on. I am fixated on Peter Thomas' voice on Forensic Files. I also have the model railroading bug bad at the moment.

It took Maggie quite a long time to settle down this morning. She finally curled up snugly against my chest after vanquishing many cooties on the field of battle and went to sleep almost instantly. Her rhythmic breathing lulled me to sleep as well.

I opened my eyes in what seemed like a night's worth of sleep. I was disorientated. I looked at the clock and emitted a nice and nasty cuss word. F--K! The clock said 7 am. I had only been asleep 3 hours and was now wide awake again. Maggie was like, "don't go!" when I crawled back out of the bed, "we have much sleep left in us!". Maggie can enviably sleep at the drop of a hat.

Well, I got up, caught my second wind, and got a big pot of meat sauce going. I put it on simmer in case I need to fall back to sleep again and it needs to cook longer. My house smells wonderful at the moment. I fixed myself a bowl and am waiting on it to cool down some before I taste test it. I once again tried a new recipe -- variations on a theme. I added an extra pound of lean ground chuck and left out a can of tomato sauce. I do believe this one is going to be the winner.

image credit: http://dogtime.com/dog-health/dog-behavior/29375-how-daylight-saving-time-affects-your-dog

3 comments:

amelia said...

That word is part of my daily vocabulary!

Rita said...

Do you have Daylight Savings time there? We just did our time change in Colorado Saturday night/Sunday morning at midnight. We go forward an hour in the spring and go back an hour in the fall: Spring forward, fall back it is.

I don't care which one it is, it messes up a persons sleep. People think it is great when they get the hour back in the fall, but it is still a change, and it takes three weeks for a body to adjust to any change in such things that mess with our cycles.

glittermom said...

I agree Rita....I don't see any reason to change the time back and forth...it also messes up your eating times...hate It! 🕰