Sunday, March 06, 2016

Epicurean Curiosity...


I wonder what delicious food they are now eating at the dinner party? Charlie said he was going to fix me a big plate of food and bring it to me after the party is over. I hope it is just piled high with delicious offerings. I expect him around 10 pm tonight as he will be in charge of cleanup operations as he always is.

Have any of you ever heard of a ribeye roast? I am intrigued that it may be a roast made out of true ribeye steaks. Janice, Charlie's wife, is also bringing her macaroni and cheese casserole. Swoons! I do know one person is bringing homemade yeast rolls as well. Double swoon!

image credit: http://wonderingfair.com/2010/12/03/dinner-party-grace/

10 Minutes to Closing...

I was just at Fred's Super Dollar Store. I had to have another container of those delectable roasted and salted pecans. I walked into a pretty much empty store. One wild looking fellow was purchasing a quart of motor oil.

"Andrew?" Elsie asked to get my attention. "We are closing in ten minutes."

"I will be long gone before then," I told her with a smile.

Nothing's better than locking those doors and getting off after a hard day's work.

Now, if you want a late night dollar store experience, you have to ride across the river to Dollar General. They stay open until 10 pm.

image credit: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Planters-Roasted-Pecans-7.25-oz/20435163

4 comments:

Rita said...

Ribeye roast is commonly served at classier buffets, like Golden Corral. I think it is also called prime rib. There is usually someone who slices the roast and puts it on your plate for you. The bone in the roast causes it to cook the roast more, so it is classically undercooked. When you purchase a rib eye roast, you can pay up to $100 for it. I have seen it in the $70s and $80s, but haven't seen one lately. They are more commonly seen in the stores for Christmas dinners. Much of the warmer months, it is made into steaks.

Andrew said...

Thank you for that Rita! I appreciate it!

glittermom said...

They always look very rare...if you like that kind of thing....

Andrew said...

I like mine well done which makes baby Jesus cry. lol