Saturday, March 05, 2016

Like Some El Greco Painting -- So Full of Pain...

I am sitting here waiting on my illustrious father to arrive with medications and something to eat. He said he would be here around 4:00 pm. Maggie is already in the window on lookout whining occasionally and impatiently.

My father and I have such a very contentious relationship that I don't write about often. I quickly learned about blogging that if you write about negativity then you will get negativity back in the comments. It will also attract negative people to your blog. Our main contention is the cleanliness of myself and my house.

He was asking me over the phone when was the last time I did laundry or took a shower. He says I also dress like a homeless man. I had laundry going when he called. I just dress frumpily. Right now, I have on grey sweatpants, a white cotton t-shirt, and an Auburn jacket. Just comfortable attire for hanging around the house on a Saturday or for a trip to the dollar store.

"You're going to be my project after this dinner party is over," he told me. "We are going to get you cleaned up."

What joy!!!!

I guess old habits die hard. Have you seen my parent's house, though? It is spotless. You can eat off the floors. I would never be able to maintain that level of cleanliness without help. I also told my father he is going to have to break down and spend the money on getting me a nice vacuum. That's the only way I can keep ahead of Maggie's shedding.

Oh well, it could be much, much worse. He could nag me constantly, but he is afraid of pushing me too far and what I will do if he does. He cares. He just goes about it the wrong way. The pragmatist in me says he is just worried in case I have to have company over. He's been known to put on airs like that.

Here's to Incentives...

Dad just arrived with Captain D's for the family at 4:30 pm. We performed my medication ritual and Maggie's food and water ritual.

"I am going to do something for you," my father said. "You get yourself cleaned up and the house cleaned up and I will give you $250 in computer part spending money."

Well, I think that is a fair compromise. I already have in mind what I want to order. It is going to be a midrange Radeon graphics card for my emulation computer.


3 comments:

glittermom said...

To each his own,as long as relatively clean and not a hoarder it's fine...my at home attire is comfy sweats...not expecting any fancy company. To each his own I say...

amelia said...

I'm with Glittermon. I am in my comfy clothes unless I have reason not to be!
I have three large (huge) dogs, four cats and an old bird in my house and it's not spotless but it's clean. The dogs are bathed regularly and I clean the kitty litter a few times a day.

skinny minny said...

personally my house is cluttered but mostly clean...except for the dog hair that I try to keep under control. AND from pretty much the moment I walk in from work on I am in my pjs until I have to put on real outside clothes again.
comfort is key my home my comfort I say!