Friday, March 11, 2016

Medications! You're Doing it Wrong!


As Horsefly says, everybody bowls a gutter ball sometimes. Boy, did mom and I bowl a gutter ball today.

I was just over at my parent's house. I was picking up my sodas and mom had the back door open meaning she wanted me to visit for awhile.

"I feel so nervous tonight," I told my mother as I sat on the couch fidgeting.

"Do you want three Xanax to take?" my mother asked innocently almost like a demure dope dealer.

"Would you mind?" the addict in me asked as the cogs and wheels of my addictive brain began to turn.

Well, that set forth a firestorm of phone calls for the past 45 minutes.

"Maybe I shouldn't have given you those Xanax," my mother told me over the phone. "How do you feel?"

"I feel fine mom, but maybe we won't do that again, okay?" I told her. "I had a weak moment when you offered."

"Call me in thirty more minutes to tell me how you are feeling."

I told her I would.

"I am just worried about you taking that Xanax with your regular medications at nine," mom told me.

"I'm really feeling fine. Just a little numb to the world around me, but I will be okay."

If my father knew she gave me Xanax then the shit would hit the fan. Mom made me promise not to tell him.


No comments: