Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Grocery Shopping in the Express Lane...

Fortified with Vitamins and Minerals
"You go ahead and do your grocery shopping," Charlie told me over his cellphone tonight. "Just try to keep it between $60 to $70. I trust you. Put it all on your disability debit card."

Charlie sounded like he was at a football game there was so much noise in the backroom.

Well, this was a welcomed surprise. I hurried to Kroger, spent $62 dollars, and had my groceries put away in record time. Charlie showed up later to administer my medications and I gave him my receipt to give to dad for his records.

"You did really well," Charlie said looking at the receipt, "But you are not going to be the next spokesperson for the Nutrition Panel of America."

We both laughed heartily...

I got pretty much the standard fare for me minus breakfast foods. I am making spaghetti and meat sauce tomorrow. I got my 24 Snack Pak chocolate puddings, and my 2 quarts of hazelnut coffee creamer. I also got my two big bags of Frosted Flakes and 3 gallons of milk. My biggest expense was buying 2 packs of $8 dollar ground chuck for my spaghetti sauce.

No comments: