Friday, March 25, 2016

The Princess of Maratouse and Mauritania is Pooped Out...

A Pooped Pups!
My dearest Magster had to spend the night at the veterinarian's kennels last night. Dr. Thomas wanted to keep an eye on her overnight to see if the eye drops were starting to work. Her left eye is has a slight bacterial infection.

I liked to have never gotten to sleep without her and breakfast for one is just not fun without my little buddy.

Well, Maggie is certainly outdone with me. She has been pouting since lunchtime when I brought her home. I don't think she slept one iota last night and she is crashed on the bed at the moment.

Some things never change, though. As soon as Maggie heard the crinkly sound of a Pop-Tarts wrapper, she came running into the den from the bedroom for her share. Maggie has been known to think with her stomach at times.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Just a question; Why does your Vet keep Maggie overnight for something as simple as an eye infection? The protocol is usually: here are your drops, here is the dosage, see you in 5 days? Does he charge you for keeping her overnight? Is there anyone in the clinic overnight with her? Just curious.The only time any of my vets have ever kept a dog of mine overnight is sometimes following extreme surgery ( hip replacement, plate in leg, liver tumor)

Andrew said...

My father brought up this very same question tonight. He thinks Jerry thinks we are rich and make a little extra money by boarding our animals.

glittermom said...

What's going on down there for Easter?

glittermom said...

it does seem Excessive to keep her over night...if he was concerned the medication wasn't working he could have asked you to bring her back in the morning..no one would be checking her at night....you could have refused to leave her. Unless a life or death situation I don't think they normally ask to keep a pet over night...I'm sure Maggie was tramatized being locked up ona cage all night ...

Rita said...

Yes, poor Maggie should not have to spend the night just because of a possible eye infection. If it were an enjoyable things, like a day at doggie day care (like my grand doggie does), playing with a bunch of other dogs, that would be another story. It has to be stressful for both you and her, for her to be gone over night.

Unknown said...

I never thought I would ever say this, nonetheless write it, but I think your Dad is right. If it was me, I would find another vet. I asked my buddies at the dog park this am if they had ever heard of a dog being kept overnight for an eye infection. The first question was did they operate on the eye? LOl when I explained, the consensus was this was a very greedy vet looking out for his best interests not Maggies.